Retail Recruiter Chestnut Hill Commercial Corridor in Philadelphia, PA
Resumes accepted through May 31, 2012 – Position starts Spring 2012
Summary: The Retail Recruiter position for the Chestnut Hill commercial corridor will be responsible for proactively identifying and recruiting retailers to Chestnut Hill, based on the merchandising scheme developed by the Downtown Works team. The Retail Recruiter will interface between prospective retailers and landlords or their representatives to match new retailers with appropriate spaces in downtown Chestnut Hill.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to a steering committee of Chestnut Hill business leaders or an Executive Director.
- Flexible hours. Minimum of 3 days per week
- Recruit businesses by highlighting the advantages of a Chestnut Hill location and the characteristics of specific locations in the downtown.
- Serve as the point of contact between building owners, real estate representatives and prospective tenants.
- Maintain a property database and tenant prospect list.
- Assist in the production of marketing material for Chestnut Hill (if applicable).
- Work with prospective retailers from initial contact through to store opening.
- Work with existing retailers who need assistance with issues such as merchandising, window display, marketing, etc.
Skills / Experience
- Experience in one or more of: retail, sales, advertising, public relations, design, and related disciplines.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships, build support among stakeholders, listen and provide assistance.
- Coalition-building skills, including the ability to motivate, negotiate, and persuade stakeholders into a course of action.
- Significant work / life experiences.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
- Outgoing, friendly personality
- Strong work ethic, independent, self-motivated
- Tenacious, positive, “can do” attitude
- Ability to take action quickly
- Creativity, innovative implementation skills, problem solving
- Live in the general vicinity of Chestnut Hill and/or have a knowledge of the area.
- Already well-networked and committed to Chestnut Hill and/or the region
Send resume and cover letter to: