Chestnut Hill Third Thursdays
Shops open ’til 8
Third Thursdays will be a celebration of summer…an evening for folks to stroll the Avenue, visit our shops, dine at our restaurants, enjoy music and other fun outdoor activities. Think Summer Stag & Doe!
The new Third Thursday summer series began Thursday, May 17th on Germantown Ave. in Chestnut Hill. Retailers offer extended hours and restaurants have special promotions to encourage children and adults to enjoy summer as it’s meant to be in one of Philadelphia’s most beautiful neighborhoods. Stores will be open until 8 p.m. and restaurants until 10 p.m.
Irish music will be performed along the Avenue from Paraic Keane and friends, including a 10 year old violinist. Complimentary popcorn and balloons will be distributed. Stores with extended hours are : Threadwell, Hobnob Design, Kitchen Kapers, Hideaway Music, Metropolitan Bakery, Indigo Schuy, 3000 BC, Robertson’s Flowers, Diamond Spa, Artisans on the Avenue and Mango. All restaurants will be open.
Here’s a sampling of special events planned:
- Children of America is going to have a moonbounce for kids.
- Drake’s will have their dinner and music in the garden—their entertainment is Rev. Chris and The High Rollers.
- Campbell’s Place Mike and Kitty Kelly at 8 PM, then Pariac Keane (son of Sean Keane fiddler for The Cheiftans), David Cope and others will be starting at 9:30
- Gravers Lane Gallery will have extended hours and light refreshments. Featuring new works by Karin Birch, Nancy Clearwater Herman and June Lee
- Indigo Schuy will offer free chair massages in the shop.
- El Quetzal is offering 25% off all LeCadeux’ melamine dinnerware.
- Woodmere is hosting Cool Summer Breeze: Hidden Treasure from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – a fusion of traditional jazz blended with R&B and Latin Jazz. All events free after regular Museum admission.
- Third Thursday Dates: