Pack up the puppy, put on your walking shoes, drop the kids in the strollers and don your sunglasses and visors—it’s Chestnut Hill’s 16th Annual Home & Garden Festival on Sunday, May 6th
From 11 am to 5 pm,Germantown Avenueis turned into an outdoor marketplace between Rex and Willow Grove Avenues, as the street and stores come alive with festivities. Many festival-goers extend the fun into the evening with friends and more music by ducking into one of the Avenue’s many great pubs and restaurants—where informal parties continue well into the night.
An estimated 20,000 to 30,000 gardeners, families and art lovers alike fill the streets each year during this annual event, when over 150 home and garden vendors, artists and craftsmen display their wares.
Eat, play and discover all Chestnut Hill offers, including:
- A wide selection of tomato plants and flower seedlings
- Lush orchids, hanging baskets and garden sculptures
- Home design, hand-made furniture, quilts, jewelry, art & collectibles
- Boutique shopping in Chestnut Hill’s one-of-a-kind shops
- A display of the latest car models by Subaru, Presenting Sponsor of the Festival
- Games and giveaways by B101 Radio, the Festival’s media sponsor
- Eco Alley, sponsored by PECO Smart Ideas, featuring vendors offering sustainable products from organic plants to electric bikes…all thanks to GRinCH (Green in Chestnut Hill)
- Live music by City Rhythm Orchestra, The Rich Posmontier Orchestra, The Dukes of Destiny and Melissa Martin & the Mighty Rhythm Kings
- Yoga for children
- Al fresco dining and fun festival foods
- Amusement rides, face painting and arts & craft activities for kids
- Live critters from the Elmwood Park Zoo
- A basketball hoops clinic
Admission to the festival is free. $5 parking will be available on select Chestnut Hill lots.